The best way to avoid a Traumatic Brain Injury is by taking precautions that will lower your risk of head injury. This means always being aware of the situation you are in and taking the preventative measures to avoid impact. Here are some ways to prevent a TBI:
How to Prevent a TBI
Sports Injury Prevention
- Avoid Collisions
- Wear a helmet
- Follow the rules of the sport
Slip and Fall Prevention
- Always use rails to stabilize yourself on steps
- Keep clutter off the floor and stairs
- Use anti-slip mats in showers, tubs, and bathroom floors
- Use pathways
- Keep walkways well lit
- In bad weather, avoid slippery areas
- Walk slowly and be aware of your surroundings
Vehicle Accident Prevention
- Always fasten your seatbelt
- Secure children in car seats or booster seats
- Wear a helmet on bicycles and motorcycles
- Never drive under the influence
- Never text and drive
- Avoid distractions on the road
- Be aware of bad weather
- Drive under the speed limit (slower in poor conditions)
- Keep guns locked and unloaded
- Avoid dangerous areas
How to Treat a TBI
Many times TBIs are unavoidable even with the necessary precautions. Unfortunately, injury can still occur when you are acting responsibly due to another person’s negligence. In these instances, it is important to know what to do.
Treatments vary based on severity. Some injuries can be helped by rest, others require medication or even surgery. If you believe you have a TBI see your doctor as soon as possible so he/she can diagnose you with the best form of treatment.
If another person’s negligence is the cause of your head injury or any injury, it is also important to contact a lawyer immediately. Rob Levine & Associates can help you win a claim and get the compensation you deserve.
Call Rob Levine & Associates Today
If you or a loved one has been injured and needs legal help, please contact Rob Levine & Associates for a free consultation. Our Fee Free Policy means that you do not pay unless you win. Our experienced personal injury lawyers will review your case to help you understand what your next steps should be and options available to you.
At Rob Levine & Associates we are experienced in personal injury cases in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut. We are also experienced with social security and veteran’s disability cases nationwide. Our team is available 24/7 to help you. Contact us at 800-742-3940 or visit our website for more information.