Newport RI Personal Injury Lawyers
You don’t need to leave Aquidneck Island to get the professional legal help you need to ensure you’re getting a fair deal in your injury settlement. Attorney Rob Levine wants to make sure all Rhode Islanders get the legal help they need when another’s negligence has caused them or their family harm. There are four Rhode Island locations for Rob Levine & Associates – and if you can’t come to us, we can come to you! Our Newport office is located on Memorial Blvd, between Middleton Ave and Red Cross Ave – and just a block from Freebody Park!
Call our Newport office today and set up your free consultation with our Newport personal injury lawyers to get answers to questions like:
- What can Rob Levine & his team do for me that I can’t do for myself?
- How much is my injury claim worth?
- Who is liable for the cost of my injuries?
- Should I accept the settlement my insurance company offered?
What Is A Personal Injury Claim, and Why Is An Attorney Needed?
When the harm you have sustained was preventable and accidental, the party that caused your injury should be held responsible. Often times, their insurance company resists their obligations, not wanting to lose money. When this happens, it’s time to get a Newport personal injury lawyer to help you with your personal injury claim.
If you were injured in an accident, you are entitled to be reimbursed for those injuries. In Newport, the minimum liability coverage that a driver can carry on their vehicle is $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident. Keep in mind that this often varies by state.
It is our job to determine how much the defendant has for insurance coverage, and look for other policies, such as driver vs. owner, or umbrella policies, which might be hidden and add coverage above the minimum policy. Your attorney will handle all of this for you.
What Am I Entitled To Be Reimbursed For?
If you are injured in a Newport personal injury accident, there are generally six areas that you are entitled to be compensated for:
- Medical bills: must be paid for by the defendant as long as they are related to the accident and medically necessary. Coverage varies by state. If you are insured in RI, then the defendant must pay for your medical bills. In addition, you may have medical payment coverage through your own insurance policy, we can discuss the pros and cons of using your med pay coverage. Just remember we will be there for you every step of the way.
- Lost wages: If a doctor indicates that as a result of your injuries you are unable to work, then the defendant must reimburse you for your time out of work. If you work in Rhode Island and are entitled to TDI, your lost wage reimbursement would be in addition to TDI.
- Pain and Suffering: is based on the severity of your injury, whether you are totally or partially disabled, how it effects your every day routine, job, social life and family life and how long you are injured for.
- Scarring: if you suffered a wound as a result of the accident or from surgery as a result of the accident and you are left with a scar you are entitled to reimbursement for scarring.
- Permanent Injuries and Residuals: once you have completed your treatment with the doctor and he indicates that you have reached maximum medical improvement, you are entitled to be compensated. Also, if you have a permanent injury you are entitled to be compensated for that loss. The doctor will give you a permanency rating under the American Medical Association guidelines. Also if the doctor indicates that you have future residuals, such as prescriptions into the future, treatment, or surgeries you are entitled to be compensated for them as well.
- Out of pocket costs: if during the course of your treatment you have expenses that you pay for (i.e. prescriptions, wheelchair, etc.) you are entitled to be reimbursed for all of those costs. Remember the insurance company is a business for profit, the less they pay you the more they make. It is our job to make sure you get every dollar you deserve and to do it quickly.
Do I Need A Newport Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you were harmed in Newport, our attorneys advise that you at least give us a call. Even if, for some reason, we are not able to assist in your particular case, it is simply in your best interest to get in touch and find out for certain. There is no risk in simply asking questions. Our personal injury lawyers in Newport have helped thousands of injured people recover millions of dollars for people just like you, and we do it every day. We care, and we will be there for you when you need us – not just for that very important first phone call, but for every day that our dedicated team of lawyers, paralegals, and investigators spend working on your case. We are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We do not believe in answering machines or answering services. We have live help available around the clock.