BOAT ACCIDENT LAWYER Are you or someone you know hurt in a boating accident? Call Rob Levine & Associates to help you.



Boating accidents may happen from equipment failure, driving error, intoxication, or other reasons. Whatever the cause, if it wasn’t your fault, you should call Rob Levine, the boat accident lawyer.  He has been operating boats for 30 years, beginning with a 19 ft Cuddy Cabin up to an 80 ft Hatteras cruising yacht. Most importantly, he knows the law and he knows boating.

Rob Levine & Associates will work with the Harbor Master and Coast Guard to make sure the accuracy of the narrative reflects how the accident occurred and prove that the other driver is responsible. We will then work with the insurance company for the defendant to ensure they accept liability and take full responsibility for repairing your vessel and making you whole.  We will oversee your medical treatment, and ensure that your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, scarring, permanency, and future medical treatment are taken into consideration, valued correctly, and receive the full value you deserve.

Act now! For every day that you delay, we lose witnesses, video evidence, and the opportunity to get as much information before evidence is lost or destroyed.




When you are injured in a boating accident in Providence, Boston, Fall River, Hartford or New Haven, you need a boating accident lawyer – someone who handles boating accidents and can help you now. We have 30 years of personal boating experience as well 150 years of  combined experience handling boating accidents and are prepared to help you now.

Boating accidents can cause serious problems, and even a minor accident can leave you with injuries, property damage to your boat, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. There are many types of boating accidents, and whether your injuries occur on a recreational boat or commercial boat, we can handle your case. Boating accidents can occur during docking or while you are out for a cruise.

Boating accidents are often the result of drinking and boating, or may be caused by an inexperienced captain. Regardless of the cause, call us – we are here to help you now. We will guide you through the process and get you everything you deserve, quickly and painlessly.


First, ensure everyone on board has a life jacket on. Secondly, place your call for help. Depending on the location of your vessel at the time of the accident, you may need to call the Harbor Master, the Department of Environmental Management, or the Coast Guard to report the accident and your position. When calling, ensure you have your GPS position to include latitude and longitude, let them know if you have an EPIRB (Emergency Positioning Indicating Radio Beacon) on board, the number of passengers (including yourself) your vessel is carrying, and if anyone is injured.  Tell them if the vessel is taking on water and whether or not you have a life raft available to safely get off the vessel.  Make sure you know where your safety box is to include a flare gun, first aid kit, and whistle.

Once everyone has donned their life jacket and you’ve called with your position, begin first aid as needed.  Stay calm, help is on the way. If you are injured, let the Coast Guard know and they will send medical assistance immediately.  Never move your boat until rescuers have arrived.

If no one is injured, and this is a minor accident, leaving both vessels operable, the rescuing party may not be able to respond for several hours depending on how busy they are.

Once you’ve determined that everyone is out of immediate danger after the boating accident, the next step is to obtain essential information from those on the other vessel as well as from any witnesses to the accident.

Information that you should gather at the accident scene includes the names, addresses and telephone numbers of the:

  • Boat operators involved in the accident, to include a picture of the operator and their identification.
  • Passengers involved or aboard any of the vessels in the crash.
  • Any eyewitnesses who may have witnessed the accident from shore or from other vessels to include a picture of their identification.
  • Picture of the vessel registration as well as a picture of the vessel identification number of the other vessels involved in the accident.
  • Insurance company names and the insurance policy numbers of those who were involved in the accident.
  • You may wish to take photographs of the damage to the boat and all other vessels and the location where the accident occurred.
  • Getting this evidence from the scene of the boating accident can be helpful if you later need to prove that the other boat operator was responsible for the accident.

Once you have arrived safely at the dock, exchanged information, and gathered all of the information above, call Rob Levine & Associates. Remember, the sooner we begin our investigation, gathering evidence and all of the facts, the easier to prove the defendant is liable for the accident.

FAQs About Your

Injury or accident case

What should I do after a car accident?
Your health should be your priority. See a healthcare professional and follow their orders. During the case, do not discuss the accident with the at-fault party’s insurance company, as this could unintentionally help build their case against you. Hiring an experienced personal injury attorney will help you navigate the process.
  • Dial 911 and report the accident. Let them know if there are any injuries and always request a rescue if you are injured.
  • Never move your vehicle prior to the police arriving.
  • If you are able to exit your vehicle, take pictures of the accident scene from a distance so that you can see all of the vehicles involved and all of the vehicles in one picture. Then take close-up pictures of each vehicle involved. Make sure to include the damage, license plate of the vehicle, and a picture of the driver.
  • If there is a witness to the accident, ask them to wait for the police to arrive so they can give a statement. If they cannot wait, ask if you can take a picture of their identification and then include a picture of them holding their identification that you can read.
  • Once the police arrive, make a statement as to how the accident occurred. Ensure that the police talk to the witness and takes their statement as well. If the witness left prior to the police arrival, show the police officer a picture of the witness and their identification, making sure that, on the police report, they are noted as a witness that had to leave before his arrival.
  • If you are injured, never refuse medical treatment by rescue personnel.  Be transported by rescue to the nearest hospital to get medical treatment.
If the police are unable to respond and you or the other driver need to leave, you have two options:
    1. You and the other driver can agree to follow each other and meet at the police department to make a report.
    2. If you are not going to meet at the police department to make a report, you should exchange the following information to include a copy of their license, motor vehicle registration, insurance card, a picture of their license plate, and a picture of the other driver. Remember, you should have documented photos of the scene of the accident and damages to vehicles as well.
I’m not sure if I have a case.
Many personal injury cases are complex, so consider hiring a personal injury attorney like Rob Levine & Associates.  We will do our best to investigate, obtain the facts, and help you understand your options.  At Rob Levine & Associates, we do not charge for consultations.
What damages can I be compensated for?
If you are a victim of a bus accident, you are entitled to recover the same damages as any other personal injury case, to include: lost wages, medical bills, pain & suffering, property damage, out of pocket expenses, scarring, compensation for any permanent injury, and compensation for any future medical costs.
What happens if I do not feel pain at the scene of the accident?
You must see a healthcare professional right after your accident, whether or not you feel pain. Your body’s natural adrenaline will likely kick in, meaning your body is in initial shock. Once that wears off, you will be able to feel the effects of your injuries.
Are trespassers able to receive compensation?
This depends on where the injury occurred as well as the facts surrounding the injury.  It is always best to call and speak to an attorney.  Rob Levine & Associates and the team can answer any questions that involve your entitlement to compensation if injured while trespassing. There are no fees for this initial consultation; and no fees until you win your case.    
Can a case be brought against a city if their broken sidewalk causes injury?
Yes, a case can be brought against a municipality if it can be proven that they were negligent in their maintenance of the sidewalk. However, filing a case against a city involves a different set of deadlines and conditions, which is why it is important to hire an experienced slip and fall attorney. If the city's negligence causes your injuries, due to improperly maintained sidewalks, highways, roadways, or bridge abutments, the city or town can be held liable. You should be aware that there are very strict and short timelines to file a petition putting the city on notice as well as caps on damages depending on where the injury occurs. As an example of timelines, if the injury occurred in RI, you must put the town or city on notice within 60 days. In MA, you must put the town or city on notice within 30 days. In MA, if you are injured as a result of a defective sidewalk, which the town is responsible for, there may be a cap on damages at $5,000. Contact Rob Levine & Associates immediately to preserve your rights against the town.  

PERSONAL INJURY EBOOK Personal Injury Law helps people get the compensation they deserve. Whether you have been through a car accident, slip and fall, or another type of personal injury accident, Rob Levine and Associates can help get you the help you deserve. Free Ebook

Stay Informed with Rob's Newsletter

Rob Levine & Associates.
Here when you need us, 24/7
No Fees Until You Win.