Newport Lawyer



You don’t need to leave Aquidneck Island to get the professional legal help you need to ensure you’re getting a fair deal in your injury settlement. Attorney Rob Levine wants to make sure all Rhode Islanders get the legal help they need when another’s negligence has caused them or their family harm. There are four Rhode Island locations for Rob Levine & Associates – and if you can’t come to us, we can come to you! Our Newport office is located on Memorial Blvd, between Middleton Ave and Red Cross Ave – and just a block from Freebody Park!

Call our Newport office today and set up your free consultation with our Newport personal injury lawyers to get answers to questions like:

  • What can Rob Levine & his team do for me that I can’t do for myself?
  • How much is my injury claim worth?
  • Who is liable for the cost of my injuries?
  • Should I accept the settlement my insurance company offered?




When the harm you have sustained was preventable and accidental, the party that caused your injury should be held responsible. Often times, their insurance company resists their obligations, not wanting to lose money. When this happens, it’s time to get a Newport personal injury lawyer to help you with your personal injury claim.

If you were injured in an accident, you are entitled to be reimbursed for those injuries. In Newport, the minimum liability coverage that a driver can carry on their vehicle is $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident. Keep in mind that this often varies by state.

It is our job to determine how much the defendant has for insurance coverage, and look for other policies, such as driver vs. owner, or umbrella policies, which might be hidden and add coverage above the minimum policy. Your attorney will handle all of this for you.


If you are injured in a Newport personal injury accident, there are generally six areas that you are entitled to be compensated for:

  • Medical bills: must be paid for by the defendant as long as they are related to the accident and medically necessary. Coverage varies by state. If you are insured in RI, then the defendant must pay for your medical bills. In addition, you may have medical payment coverage through your own insurance policy, we can discuss the pros and cons of using your med pay coverage. Just remember we will be there for you every step of the way.
  • Lost wages: If a doctor indicates that as a result of your injuries you are unable to work, then the defendant must reimburse you for your time out of work. If you work in Rhode Island and are entitled to TDI, your lost wage reimbursement would be in addition to TDI.
  • Pain and Suffering: is based on the severity of your injury, whether you are totally or partially disabled, how it affects your everyday routine, job, social life and family life and how long you are injured for.
  • Scarring: if you suffered a wound as a result of the accident or from surgery as a result of the accident and you are left with a scar you are entitled to reimbursement for scarring.
  • Permanent Injuries and Residuals: once you have completed your treatment with the doctor and he indicates that you have reached maximum medical improvement, you are entitled to be compensated. Also, if you have a permanent injury you are entitled to be compensated for that loss. The doctor will give you a permanency rating under the American Medical Association guidelines. Also if the doctor indicates that you have future residuals, such as prescriptions into the future, treatment, or surgeries you are entitled to be compensated for them as well.
  • Out-of-pocket costs: if during the course of your treatment you have expenses that you pay for (i.e. prescriptions, wheelchair, etc.) you are entitled to be reimbursed for all of those costs. Remember the insurance company is a business for profit; the less they pay you, the more they make. It is our job to make sure you get every dollar you deserve and to do it quickly.


If you were harmed in Newport, our attorneys advise that you at least give us a call. Even if, for some reason, we are not able to assist in your particular case, it is simply in your best interest to get in touch and find out for certain. There is no risk of simply asking questions. Our personal injury lawyers in Newport have helped thousands of injured people recover millions of dollars for people just like you, and we do it every day. We care, and we will be there for you when you need us – not just for that very important first phone call, but for every day that our dedicated team of lawyers, paralegals, and investigators spend working on your case. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We do not believe in answering machines or answering services. We have live help available around the clock.

FAQs About Your

Injury or accident case

What should I do after a car accident?
Your health should be your priority. See a healthcare professional and follow their orders. During the case, do not discuss the accident with the at-fault party’s insurance company, as this could unintentionally help build their case against you. Hiring an experienced personal injury attorney will help you navigate the process.
  • Dial 911 and report the accident. Let them know if there are any injuries and always request a rescue if you are injured.
  • Never move your vehicle prior to the police arriving.
  • If you are able to exit your vehicle, take pictures of the accident scene from a distance so that you can see all of the vehicles involved and all of the vehicles in one picture. Then take close-up pictures of each vehicle involved. Make sure to include the damage, license plate of the vehicle, and a picture of the driver.
  • If there is a witness to the accident, ask them to wait for the police to arrive so they can give a statement. If they cannot wait, ask if you can take a picture of their identification and then include a picture of them holding their identification that you can read.
  • Once the police arrive, make a statement as to how the accident occurred. Ensure that the police talk to the witness and takes their statement as well. If the witness left prior to the police arrival, show the police officer a picture of the witness and their identification, making sure that, on the police report, they are noted as a witness that had to leave before his arrival.
  • If you are injured, never refuse medical treatment by rescue personnel.  Be transported by rescue to the nearest hospital to get medical treatment.
If the police are unable to respond and you or the other driver need to leave, you have two options:
    1. You and the other driver can agree to follow each other and meet at the police department to make a report.
    2. If you are not going to meet at the police department to make a report, you should exchange the following information to include a copy of their license, motor vehicle registration, insurance card, a picture of their license plate, and a picture of the other driver. Remember, you should have documented photos of the scene of the accident and damages to vehicles as well.
I’m not sure if I have a case.
Many personal injury cases are complex, so consider hiring a personal injury attorney like Rob Levine & Associates.  We will do our best to investigate, obtain the facts, and help you understand your options.  At Rob Levine & Associates, we do not charge for consultations.
What damages can I be compensated for?
If you are a victim of a bus accident, you are entitled to recover the same damages as any other personal injury case, to include: lost wages, medical bills, pain & suffering, property damage, out of pocket expenses, scarring, compensation for any permanent injury, and compensation for any future medical costs.
What happens if I do not feel pain at the scene of the accident?
You must see a healthcare professional right after your accident, whether or not you feel pain. Your body’s natural adrenaline will likely kick in, meaning your body is in initial shock. Once that wears off, you will be able to feel the effects of your injuries.
What if I wasn’t wearing a helmet? Can I still recover damages?
For starters, the helmet law requirements vary from state to state. In RI, if you are under 21 years of age or have had your motorcycle license for less than a year, you are required to wear a helmet.  Passengers are required to wear a helmet at all times. In MA, all drivers and riders of motorcycles, by law, must wear helmets.  If you were involved in a motorcycle crash as the result of another vehicle's negligence and you were not wearing a helmet, our law firm would argue on your behalf that not wearing a helmet even when required to do so by law has no bearing as to the negligence or value of your personal injury case.    
What should I do after a slip and fall accident?
  • If you fall in a store, the most important thing is to document what caused you to fall, witnesses, and report the incident to the store.
  • If you are injured, dial 911, let them know you fell in a store, and request medical assistance.
  • If you or someone you are with have a phone, take pictures of what caused you to fall. Pictures should be from a distance, showing the aisle as well as a close-up of what caused you to fall. If anyone was in the aisle when you fell, either a customer or employee, make sure you document their information by taking a picture of them or their identification if they are willing to share it.
  • Find an employee and bring a manager to the area you fell. Have them document the fall and the cause of the fall.  Take a picture of the manager and make sure that you show the manager what caused you to fall.
Remember, the key to any case is document, document, document; and a picture is worth a thousand words.  If you are injured, when the rescue arrives, never refuse medical attention.  Be transported to the nearest or most appropriate hospital. After you have sought medical treatment, contact a slip and fall lawyer like Rob Levine & Associates.  With over 20 years of experience in injury and disability cases, our team can help with the process.

PERSONAL INJURY EBOOK Personal Injury Law helps people get the compensation they deserve. Whether you have been through a car accident, slip and fall, or another type of personal injury accident, Rob Levine and Associates can help get you the help you deserve. Free Ebook

Stay Informed with Rob's Newsletter

Rob Levine & Associates.
Here when you need us, 24/7
No Fees Until You Win.