Do I have any medical rights?
Have you ever noticed the Patient’s Bill of Rights at your doctor’s office, hospital, or other medical facility? These are not just wall decorations; they are laws to ensure your safety and health.
You have the right to:
- Access information regarding your case that is accurate, easy to understand, and in your language.
- Access any assistance you may need to understand your medical information
- Be involved in decisions regarding your medical treatment
- Receive respectful care from any medical professional
- Confidentiality regarding your medical care and treatments
- Read and copy your medical records to ensure accuracy
- File a complaint against any medical staff who treats you
It’s important to make sure you know and fully understand the rights you have as a patient. These rights are universal within the United States, but depending on the type of care you receive, there could be more focused rights for the patient.
If you believe your rights have been violated by any healthcare professional, contact the medical malpractice attorneys at Rob Levine & Associates for your free case consultation.