Lawrence Car Accident Lawyer
ROB LEVINE, LAWRENCE CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
HURT IN A CAR ACCIDENT? GET AN ATTORNEY
In a town like Lawrence, everything is within distance for your convenience. Work, school, church, soccer practice, and a list of a million other things to do often keeps our minds occupied. There is so much to do with so little time, and an automobile is usually the most efficient way of getting around. Sometimes, even a car isn’t fast enough.
Drivers sometimes take risks that they know they shouldn’t. They speed. They forget to use signals. They run red lights. They get distracted. They text, “I’ll be there in 5 minutes.” – All habits that can cause an auto accident, and as a result, cause you to be seriously hurt.
ADVICE FROM AN EXPERIENCED LAWRENCE CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
If you are ever in an accident, take these steps immediately:
• Seek medical attention immediately.
• Never leave the scene of an accident.
• Exchange name, address, phone number, and insurance information with the other party involved.
• Get the contact information of any witnesses.
• Make a police report before leaving the scene of the accident.
• If possible, take pictures of the damage to your vehicle.
• Call an accident attorney.
If you are dealing with injuries from an accident, and it seems like the problems are piling up, rely on Attorney Rob Levine & Associates to be part of the solution. Call the office and find out how a Lawrence car accident lawyer can help you.
OUR LAWRENCE CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS UNDERSTAND CAR WRECKS
The laws that surround car accidents tend to be complicated, and are best dealt with by a car accident attorney. While we get started on your case, here are a few other things you might care to know about your wreck:
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance usually covers about $2,000.00 worth of medical bills – but the severe injuries that car accidents cause usually go beyond that.
The insurance company may be required to compensate you for up to 75% of your lost wages if the injuries that you sustained in a car accident left you unable to work.
In head-on collisions, the chest is at the most risk of injury, at 53%. A chest injury is, needless to say, very serious and could impact your quality of life. This is why selecting the right car accident lawyer is important. With the injuries you or a loved one may be suffering from, being able to get compensation so that you can continue to live your life is essential. Your Lawrence car accident lawyer can attend to the unique circumstances of your accident.
CAR ACCIDENT STATISTICS IN THE LAWRENCE AREA
According to the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, there were nearly 2.5 million occupants in auto accidents in the U.S. in 2013 that did not result in death.
Although each of these cases was of a non-fatal nature, they still resulted in the need for medical attention. As we all know, almost any time you see a doctor, there is going to be a bill. When the impact of a car accident has caused serious damage to your body, these bills can keep piling up. You shouldn’t be held responsible for this debt, and the attorney can make sure you aren’t. Find justice with a Boston car accident lawyer or start chatting on the website right now.
Injury or accident case
- Dial 911 and report the accident. Let them know if there are any injuries and always request a rescue if you are injured.
- Never move your vehicle prior to the police arriving.
- If you are able to exit your vehicle, take pictures of the accident scene from a distance so that you can see all of the vehicles involved and all of the vehicles in one picture. Then take close-up pictures of each vehicle involved. Make sure to include the damage, license plate of the vehicle, and a picture of the driver.
- If there is a witness to the accident, ask them to wait for the police to arrive so they can give a statement. If they cannot wait, ask if you can take a picture of their identification and then include a picture of them holding their identification that you can read.
- Once the police arrive, make a statement as to how the accident occurred. Ensure that the police talk to the witness and takes their statement as well. If the witness left prior to the police arrival, show the police officer a picture of the witness and their identification, making sure that, on the police report, they are noted as a witness that had to leave before his arrival.
- If you are injured, never refuse medical treatment by rescue personnel. Be transported by rescue to the nearest hospital to get medical treatment.
- You and the other driver can agree to follow each other and meet at the police department to make a report.
- If you are not going to meet at the police department to make a report, you should exchange the following information to include a copy of their license, motor vehicle registration, insurance card, a picture of their license plate, and a picture of the other driver. Remember, you should have documented photos of the scene of the accident and damages to vehicles as well.
- If you fall in a store, the most important thing is to document what caused you to fall, witnesses, and report the incident to the store.
- If you are injured, dial 911, let them know you fell in a store, and request medical assistance.
- If you or someone you are with have a phone, take pictures of what caused you to fall. Pictures should be from a distance, showing the aisle as well as a close-up of what caused you to fall. If anyone was in the aisle when you fell, either a customer or employee, make sure you document their information by taking a picture of them or their identification if they are willing to share it.
- Find an employee and bring a manager to the area you fell. Have them document the fall and the cause of the fall. Take a picture of the manager and make sure that you show the manager what caused you to fall.